Thursday, September 20, 2007

Batter Up!

I am a long suffering Cleveland fan. I love the Indians--who are miraculously good this year, and the Browns--who stink. But the Browns pulled off a huge upset of the Cincinnati Bengals last Sunday and now the Indians are poised to enter the playoffs after sweeping their arch rivals, the Detroit Tigers.

I am thrilled. Yes, I know it's just a game. Yes, I know there are more important things in life. But I've also come to believe one should grab some happiness when one can and being a Cleveland fan--normally an exercise in self-flagellation and despair, I am excited at the prospect of seeing my beloved Tribe in the AL Championship and (G-d willing) the world series.....

I only wish my godmother Doris was still around to share the excitement. She passed away in December 2005, at the age of 90, an Indians fan to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home