Monday, January 07, 2008

Gratitude in the New Year

For the fourth year in a row, I spent New Year's at Easton Mountain,
  • Easton Mountain Retreat
  • ....a center for gay men north of Albany. The center, in the foothills of the Adirondacks, has become a second home. This year the retreat was blanketed by half a foot of snow, which suited the holiday season and my mood. A group of about 70 men came together to celebrate the end of 2007 and the beginning of '08. Personally, I feel that I have a lot to celebrate, since my mother has recovered (mostly) from her fall, and my own health is good.

    I wrote to a friend that we're already heading into the second week of January and I've had no crises. Praise the Lord for a bit of quiet and a lack of drama!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home