Friday, December 14, 2007

Writing for Radio

I took an awesome workshop the weekend before last, offered through Grub Street, the wonderful non-profit writing center based in Boston. I've taken a bunch of workshops and seminars thru Grub, and gotten something useful out of all of them. I've also been impressed with my fellow students--they're serious writers, many of whom are already wonderful writers.

This was definitely true in the "Writing for Radio" workshop, which was led by Jennifer Mattson, a former radio producer at NPR and for "The Connection" at WBUR. Jenn had lots of good ideas and resources about creating radio essays and short vignettes. I got great feedback and tips on shaping an essay about turning fifty--and sent it on to "All Things Considered."

Unfortunately, it wasn't accepted, but I'm still happy to have the piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home